How to change your life, one podcast at a time.
Podcasts are all the rage right now. You’ve probably heard your friends talking about what they learned from Stuff You Should Know, or how the latest episode of Serial blew their mind. Podcasts have exploded in popularity because they’re a fantastic way to learn and be entertained on the go. They’re like audiobooks, but with far more variety. If you’re a LifeSpeak user you have access to our library of over 1000 interesting topics. If you’re not a LifeSpeak user or you’ve never listened to a podcast before, here’s everything you need to know about podcasts.
What is a podcast?
Podcasts are audio files designed to entertain or educate, and the range of subjects they can cover is infinite. For example, our library covers all issues related to personal growth and wellbeing, from professional development and management tips to relationship advice and mental health. Because our library is available for download anytime, anywhere our panel of industry experts are always available to help you with whatever challenges you’re facing, including weight management, retirement planning, and parenting. They explore the issues in depth and provide actionable advice for you to follow and implement in your life.
Benefits of listening to podcasts.
There are so many great reasons to get into podcasts if you haven’t already.
- Crucial Topics: The plurality of voices in podcasting allows for a wide breadth of topics to be explored, many of which are essential to living a fulfilling life. For instance, some of the issues covered by our experts center around mental health such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Others discuss divorce, leaves of absence due to illness, and similar complicated and highly personal subjects.
- Anonymity: For a number of reasons many people are reluctant to seek counselling or therapy. This means they often don’t get the help that they need. LifeSpeak addresses this issue by allowing you to listen to our experts completely anonymously.
- Unintrusive: Unlike other forms of media you don’t have to stop what you’re doing to listen to a podcast. The content in our library is especially well-suited to this, as each of our clips is no longer than about eight minutes. One episode will get you through a short commute to work, six will cover your lunch break.
- Relaxation: In the event that you’d rather not multitask while listening to a podcast, why not kick back and allow yourself to fully enjoy the show? The human voice can be very soothing, and many hosts also incorporate music into their podcasts. It’s a perfect way to relax while listening to a story or learning something new.
- Portability: Podcasts can be listened to anywhere at any time. Whether you use a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or even an MP3 player, you’re always one click away from thousands of captivating episodes.
- Quantity of Information: Not only do podcasts save you the headache of stuffing a book into your bag or flipping giant newspaper pages on the subway, but a single podcast library also contains far more data than either of these media ever could. For instance, our growing library of podcasts holds more than 600 different clips on a range of key topics that affect everyday life.
- Variety of Content: No matter your background or interests, there is a podcast out there for you. It’s incredibly easy to record and publish a podcast these days, which has made the world of podcasting extremely rich in the diversity of both the hosts who create the shows and the subjects they examine.
- Continuous Learning: Podcasts are a fantastic way to bolster your professional development and keep up with industry trends. Our library is constantly being updated and contains lessons from the top industry experts, making it a perfect place to stay informed on a variety of topics.
The LifeSpeak podcast library.
Over the past few years we have worked hard to build up a library of over 600 training videos, each with its own corresponding audio file that you can download and listen to at your leisure. The LifeSpeak library is designed to be your one-stop destination for inspiration, advice, and answers, no matter what stage you’re at in your career or life. Click here to find out more about our helpful resources.